4 THE FALLEN TOURNAMENT RULES
You must check into tournament headquarters before your first game and leave your cell phone number with the event convener in case you need to be contacted.
Please note that due to several issues with payment of entry fees by teams on the day of the event, all teams must show up at tournament headquarters and pay the full entry fee after their first scheduled game and before their second game. Failure to show up at the event or leave without paying the entry fee in full, will result in immediate suspension of all players until the tournament fees are paid in full to the tournament convener.
Rules of play for the tournament are found within the SPN Rule Book with either exception or emphasis upon the following rules:
- Home team will be decided by a coin toss, in the round robin. Home team will be top seed in the playoffs.
- The SPN 2017 Bat Policy will be enforced.
- All games to be 7 innings or 75 minute time limit. No new inning after 65 minutes. No infield practices.
- All teams must have a minimum 10 players Batting order & Fielding.
- COED IS 6/4 FORMAT, CAN NOT BAT MORE THEN 2 GUYS IN A ROW
- COED MAY USE GIRL PITCHER AND GIRL CATCHER
- Coed Rule: A defensive line consisting of an arc 175 feet from home plate shall be used. No outfielder (minimum of four) is allowed in front of the line until the ball is hit. If this is violated, the offence has the option of taking the result of the play or an award of one base to the batter and all runners
- Coed Rule: No force play can be made on the batter-base runner at first base if the ball is touched by an outfielder.
- International Tie Break Rule for Elimination Games. Mercy is 10 runs after 5 completed innings (4 ½ if home team ahead).
- If the home team is winning in the bottom of the 7th or last inning they do not bat. (or if time elapses while in the bottom of an inning and the Home team is ahead – the score will stand at that point).
- Maximum 5 runs per team per inning, In all Divisions last inning is open.
- Absolutely NO contact at home plate, scoring and commitment line to be used in all games. Tagging allowed between scoring/commit line. No sliding/diving at home.
- Third strike foul is an out. Any foul tip caught is an out.
- HOME RUN RULE: (2 per team per game) ALL DIVISIONS Any subsequent over the fence home runs are OUT.
- Unlimited courtesy runners per team per game.
- It is the responsibility of both teams to keep score, and report the score within 15 minutes after the game. Failure to report a score may result in a default
- Protests: must be declared at the game and have the umpire sign the score sheet at the time of the protest, all protests must be submitted in writing at tournament headquarters no later than 15 minutes after the game. A protest fee of $150.00 is charged to the team who makes the protest. If the team wins the protest they will get the $150.00 refunded.
- All ejections will be reviewed by the Tournament Convener or Umpire in Chief and may result in further ejection from the tournament and review by the SPN Ontario discipline committee. Conduct yourselves accordingly.
- TIE GAMES, stand in the round robin.
- Any player, coach, or person directly affiliated with your team caught consuming or possessing alcoholic beverages at any of the Powerade Diamonds during the tournament will result in the disqualification of your team and full forfeiture of any prizes. Parking lot will be patrolled and rule will be enforced!